Tuesday 1 March 2011

Weekend Getaway!

In the weekend, my friends and I went to Matarangi in the Coromandel. On Saturday night at around 9 o'clock, we had decided at the last minute to join our friends who were already there.  

The drive to Matarangi at that hour of the night was not so fun for me, it was very dark and scary. When we had finally arrived at midnight, we went straight to bed after the long drive.

We stayed at one our friend's bach which was only a few meters away from the beach, it was beautiful. The next morning when we woke up the sun was out to greet us! Most of Sunday we were swimming at the beach, trying to catch some waves on our body boards!

On Monday morning we packed our things for the drive back to Auckland. I was sad to leave because I enjoyed the little break from university and work. : )

10 comments:

Shoal said...

Hi Miss Ouano,
It was nice hearing from you again! Did you do anything else there? You are so lucky! I will read your next post. Bye.

Shoal

Moala said...

It looks fun hope I went to!! so are you coming to see us? When it after school we say good afternoon Miss Garder and Miss Ouano and we always say good afternoon Miss Ouano and we always laugh.MISS YOU WISH YOU COME AND VISIT US!!!!!!!!!
Moala

Miss Ouano said...

Hi Shoal! Thanks for reading my post! I did have a good time, most of the time we either in the sun or in the water. We were mainly relaxing most of the time!

Hi Moala! It is lovely to hear from you again! yes hopefully I will come soon, I miss room 17 way too much. That is very funny that you all still say good afternoon to me when I am not there!

Take Care,

Miss Ouano : )

Donyae said...

THAT WAS SO GOOD

Miss Ouano said...

Thanks Donyae! Hope all is well at school!

Miss Ouano : )

Mrs Burt said...

Hey

We have a bach at Kuaotunu - an even better beach around the corner :) I feel jealous reading your post, because I was back in Auckland.

next time make the drive during the day. It is stunning going up the coast to Coromandel in the late afternoon after work.

Dorothy Burt

Miss Ouano said...

Hi Dorothy,

It was my first time in Matarangi and the beach was a lovely surprise the next morning! Next time I would definitely want to drive up during the day it was not so fun driving along the coast when it was pitch black!I will also be sure to check out Kuaotunu next time im in the Coromandel!

Thanks reading my post,

Kimberley : )

vanessa L said...

Hi miss you sure have alot of comments!!ARE YOUUU HAVING FUN.

Miss Ouano said...

Hi Vanessa!
It is very exciting getting alot of comments and it is also very nice to hear from room 17! I am very busy at the moment with work and university, but I will get to enjoy some of the holidays!

Take care,
Miss Ouano.

Maru said...

Hi Miss Ouano

WOW!! that was a cool place I wish I was there. Shoal was right you are so lucky Oh and your class is very cute.