Friday 27 May 2011

Panmure's King of the Mountain

Can you spot Miss Ouano in the photo?


Last Sunday I got the chance to be a part of the annual King of The Mountain marathon. I volunteered to help with the event that day. The job that I had been assigned to was very important! I had the role of collecting the runner's time chips once they reached the finish line. The first race started at 8 am, it was a 21 kilometer marathon! Since no one had finished the race till about 10 am, I did not have to do much work.

As soon as the first runner reached the finish line, then the chaos began! I had to make sure I collected all of the chips that were tied to the runner's shoes. It was hard to keep up especially if there were 10 runners finishing at the same time! However I managed to keep up. It was good because I had 3 other people helping me.

The last race finished just after lunch time, I treated myself to a sausage sizzle after my busy morning.
Overall it was cool to be a part of such a cool event. Maybe next year you might see me as one of the runners :D

Marathon runners waiting to start their race.
King of the Mountain website: http://www.kingofthemountain.co.nz/

1 comment:

Makerita said...

Hi Miss Ouano,
I could spot you in that photo easily. That job must have been really hard and important. Maybe you will be one of the runners because I know I am. Right now we are doing Cross Country practice so we have to run from the big court all the way down to the reserve. It is really long. For me and Shoal that is. Anyways oh yeah HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am sorry I don't have a present but this is it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And tomorrow we are going to MOTAT and we seriously want you to come and yeah. See you tomorow. Keep up the great work.

From Makerita.